My Travel Story

          Hello guys! This post is about how I came to love the idea of travelling. 
          I remember back in the days when I was still in high school, my geography teacher pinned a big map of the world on a board in geography class. She showed us some countries on the map and told us things about the countries. I so much loved the class that I had to buy an atlas that same day to look up places on the atlas. Most times, when I read through my atlas, I imagine myself in a certain country in the world. I started dreaming of traveling to different countries in the world. My favorite countries were South Africa(because of Table mountain), Brazil( because of their carnivals and beaches), America( who doesn't like America) and Dubai( because it sprang out from nowhere and become a popular place in the world).
         I grew up in a home where going on vacation trips was not a thing. During the holidays, if we were to take a vacation, it will be to my daddy's hometown or village. Traveling to different countries was impossible because my parents felt it was a waste of money( my family was not loaded financially but we had a enough for daily expenses). I still continued to dream about traveling.
         Later  on, some friends and I decided to start our blogs. When we started picking blog topics, they all chose entertainment stuffs which was popular and it attracts more traffic. I on the other hand decided to start a travel blog. I had no idea of what I was planning on doing so I made some research and found other travel blogs. I noticed a certain thing among all the other travel blogs that frustrated and me give up on starting the blog. What I noticed was that all other travel bloggers made post on places they've travelled to. Some titles of there post were ‘My stay in Venezuela', ‘Places I visit next month' and many more like that. The funny thing was that I have not been outside my country(Nigeria) before. I didn't want to start the blog due to fact that I didn't have any travel experience. But I already added ‘ starting a blog' to my to-do list so I had to do it.
        After making  my decision to start the bog, I thought of blog topic and GO ROUND THE WORLD came to my mind. I started my blog on a platform called Wordpress but due to some reasons I moved to another platform called Blogger. After deciding on the topic, the next problem was making a post. I made my first post which was a welcome post. For the second post, I went through my atlas and I stumbled on a wonderful destination which was The Bahamas. I decided to make a post on this destination and to my surprise with the help of the internet, I made the post and I posted. I have being posting ever since.
       So guys that is how I started this blog. Although I have not been outside my country, I will keeping try my very best to give you in formations about awesome destinations you should visit.
      Thanks for reading. I hoped you enjoyed the post. One of these day I will GO ROUND THE WORLD.

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE BAHAMAS